Wednesday, March 31, 2010

C is for Canned Pancake Batter

Oh yes I did.

I was watching Unwrapped on the Food Network, an episode loosely themed around "unusual containers". The push up sushi triggered a light gag reflex, but Batter Blaster (organic!) excited me a whole lot. (Beware the theme song if you follow the link.)

It took me a few tries to locate Batter Blaster at my local supergrocery, mostly because I couldn't for the life of me figure out where in the store it was likely to be (cheesy dairy case, as it happened). Once found, however, it was everything I hoped it would be: Fast, easy to use and the pancakes taste normal, ie delicious. They were slightly less fluffy than scratch pancakes, but not by a lot.

The can informs me that I can also use this wonderful product for waffles (heart!). I'll try that next weekend and report back.

2 comments:

  1. Batter Blaster is AWESOME. We love the waffles, as well as the pancakes. You can usually find BB somewhere near the eggs in dairy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's exactly where it was. I'm looking forward to a waffle attempt in the morning.

    ReplyDelete