Friday, November 5, 2010

I Wanna Be an Iron Foodie! (I Wanna Live a Life of Duty)

Iron Foodie 2010 | Here's Why that will be me:
MarxFoods.com -- Fine Bulk Foods The Foodie BlogRoll


- Why do you want to compete in this challenge?

Besides the fact that I would adore the chance to be on Iron Chef someday (Iron Chef Fantasy Camp! Who's with me?), messing about with new ingredients is absolutely why i started this blog. It's a love match!

- Limitations of time/space notwithstanding, whose kitchen would you like to spend the day in & why? Julia Child, Thomas Keller, Ferran Adria, James Beard, Marie-Antoine Careme, or The Swedish Chef?

Totally The Swedish Chef. Not only does he personify the combination of my two greatest passions (cooking and puppets), but he was just such a pioneer in the field of Ballistic Gastronomy; it would be an honor to learn from such a master.

- What morsel are you most likely to swipe from family & friends’ plates when they aren’t looking?

Pickles. Can't get enough of them. (NOT PREGNANT, don't even suggest it.)

- Sum your childhood up in one meal.

Hamberger Casserole. Made in a classic Corningware dish, this family favorite recipe included not only mashed potatoes, but also Campbell's Tomato Soup and Velveeta. The cooking in my house growing up was all about the balance between comfort and convenience. (Frankly, I'm still a fan of this approach, though Mr. Husband draws the line at Velveeta.)

- The one mainstream food you can’t stand?

Bell. Peppers. Horrible, Fascist vegetables. The teeniest little amount of of bell pepper in a dish and BOOM! the flavor just takes over everything. Bleh and double bleh. Also, they give me gas. That's not good for anyone.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making the top 25!! I wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing what's in the box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! Right back atcha, lady! Here's to good hunting for us all.

    ReplyDelete